| Monday, October 20, 2008 |
| Don't Think Twice 4 |
1. LaNelle goes into labor, Anne is horrified by what she has seen. 2. A couple hours after LaNelle delivers her baby, her baby Laurie dies. 3. After LaNelle leaves, a new girl named Nancy arrives, but nobody seems to like her. 4. Nancy, Donna and Anne get into a heated argument about their lives after they have their baby's. 5. The girls leave the home and go watch a movie.
• Is Anne scared of delivering her baby? • Why did Laurie die? • Why doesn't any of the girls like Nancy? • What is Nancy's problem with Anne?
Extrovert (noun) - an outgoing, gregarious person ex. Nancy is an extrovert. Sorority (noun) - a society or club of women or girls, esp. in college ex. When I am in college, I hope to join a sorority. Pious (adjective) - having or showing appropriate respect or regard for others ex. Lauren had a pious deception.
"I have a bloodhound's nose for the bad in everyone." (Pg#61) - Metaphor "We're moving faster now. I want to get away and hide. I want to run." (Pg#54) - Man vs Man
I think that Anne is beginning to feel like a pregnant teen and she is beginning to understand some of the feelings that her peers do. |
Slid down the rainbow at 8:59 PM  |
|
|
|
|
| Where To? |
|
| Posts of Note |
|
|
| Books I Want to Read |
Get me one of these books and I'll be your loyal friend for life (see below for my email address if you're actually considering the idea - not that I'm expecting you to)...
- Dante's Inferno
- Mansfield Park
- Midnight Sun
- Macbeth
- Incarceron
- Northanger Abbey
- Flowers in the Attic
- The Age of Innocence
- Emma
- Cather in the Rye
- Bombs on Aunt Dainty
- The Silver Kiss
- Pride & Prejudice
- Midnight's Choice
- Tuck Everlasting
- 1984
- Wild Blood
- Persuasion
- The Notebook
- Stone from the River
- Light in August
- Sense & Sensibility
|
| Links |
|
|
|